We had our 16 week check-up last week. Brian and I went in expecting a full ultrasound, where we get to the see baby...possibly get the news of a boy or a girl. Our Doctor must have picked up on what we were expecting when we couldn't stop talking about a boy or girl and told us today's visit, was just a check up and listening to the heart beat. We were a little bummed that we didn't get to the see baby but listening to the heartbeat is always exciting!
The 16 week check-up went great and all looked good! The baby had a heart beat of 155 (last two visits have been 165) and we discovered we definitely have an active baby. When listening to the heartbeat you can hear each time the baby kicks or moves quickly. This trip the baby was very active and was constantly kicking (possibly a future soccer player??? :)).
We go back to the Doctor next Wednesday to have a full ultrasound and find out if it is a boy or girl! Brian and I are both looking forward to that visit! I have had two ultrasounds during the pregnancy, 2 weeks apart from each other, and it was amazing to see how much the baby grew and developed in those two weeks. I am very interested to see how different the baby looks this time.
I will be sure to post this weeks baby bump photo soon and will have lots to update after our visit next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OKayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy We better get a PIC with the boy/girl news tomorrow:)
ReplyDelete